Active Directory Users and Computers Windows 10. The ADUC (Active Directory Users and Computers) is a Microsoft Management Console snap-in that you can use to manage Active Directory (AD). You can manage objects (users, computers), OU (Organizational Units), and their respective attributes.
ADUC consists of most of your AD admin responsibilities. You can do many other things at ADUC including managing the GPO, managing the FSMO server role, being able to reset passwords, unlocking users, changing group memberships and other tools available at RSAT that can also be used to manage AD.
ADUC (Active Directory Users and Computers) is one of the many tools that you can use to manage Active Directory (AD), but this method is one of the most popular and has been around since Windows 2000.
Below we will explain how to use ADUC to manage Active Directory (AD). Read and see how the explanation is below.
How to Install or Add Active Directory Users and Computers Windows 10?
Previously you might have looked for ADUC (Active Directory Users and Computers) on your laptop but you didn’t find it. The reality is not part of the default installation, and how to install it depends on your version of Windows.
In the current version of Windows, ADUC is part of a series of administration tools called Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT).
Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT)
However, if you want to access ADUC on your computer, you must first install the Remote Server Administration Tool (RSAT). ADUC is not included from the default installation for any version of Windows. To install ADUC follow the instructions below:
Install ADUC for Windows 8 / Windows 10 Version 1803 and Lower versions:
- Download and install RSAT (Windows 8, Windows 10) depending on your version of Windows. Below we provide the RSAT download link.
- Then Click the Start button and select Control Panel> Programs> Programs and Features> Enable or disable Windows features.
- Look at the bottom of the list and expand Remote Server Administration Tools.
- Expand Role Administration Tools.
- Then Expand AD DS and AD LDS Tools.
- Check AD DS Tools, then select “OK.”
- When the installation is complete, you will have a folder for Administrative Tools on the Start menu. ADUC must
be on this list.
Install Active Directory Users and Computers Windows 10 Version 1809 and above
- On the Start menu, select Settings> Applications.
- Click the hyperlink on the right side labeled Manage Optional Features and then you click the button to Add
- Select RSAT: Active Directory Domain Services and Light Directory Tools.
- Click Install, and wait for the installation to complete.
- When the installation is complete, you will find a new menu item on the start menu called Windows Administrative Tools.
You just read the article about Active Directory Users and Computers Windows 10. Thank you for visiting and support our website.